[mrtg] Re: Cisco Interface Counters

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at MANDTBANK.COM
Sun Feb 4 18:03:21 MET 2001

Khing,

First, you don't need ucd-snmp or any other snmp package to monitor the activity of Cisco routers.  MRTG is all you need.  Net-snmp (aka ucd-snmp) is helpful for monitoring the box running mrtg...

As for the OID/MIB information, check out

http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-center/netmgmt/cmtk/mibs.shtml

I also have found this a helpful doc as well:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/intsolns/dialnms/mrtg.htm

I was at a Cisco presentation last week for streaming video and VOIP, and the tech that I talked to said that while CiscoWorks 2000 did not have the capability to monitor most of the features, Cisco has a white paper on monitoring this stuff with - MRTG!

Paul
>>> "Khing Maung" <khing_m at hotmail.com> 02/04/01 07:36 AM >>>

Dear All

I want to monitor some interface counter on Cisco Routers.I want to grapht
 he total output packet drops in percentage,packet drop from output
queue,broadcast packets,CRCs and Carrier Transitions etc on a serial
interface of Cisoc router.I am using MRTG and cmu snmp package to implementt
 his.Can anybody mention me the required OIDs for these counters?Any helpw
 ould be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Khing