[mrtg] Re: Broken Graphs

Brian E. Seppanen seppy at chartermi.net
Tue Feb 6 15:52:41 MET 2001

On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Joseph Smith wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> 	I am pulling stats on a few OC-3 interfaces and as soon as my
> bandwidth hits about 120 megabits my graph just dies off,  not completely
> just to 100kb to 1000kb. I know that my traffic is not actually dropping
> off. Any thoughts Thanks

In my experience it has been due to the MaxBytes setting being too low.
It's obvious when you look at the graph and it's kind of striped, and you
noticed its striped only at the peak points.  Find out the true MaxBytes
and restart mrtg.

HTH

Brian Seppanen
Charter Communications
Regional Data Center				906-228-4226 ext 23
Marquette, MI					seppy at chartermi.net