[mrtg] Cisco GEIP subinterfaces on 7507

Edgardo Perez eperez at swri.edu
Tue Feb 6 22:16:39 MET 2001

People,

We installed a Gigabit Ethernet Interface Processor (GEIP) in one of our
Cisco 7507 Routers. I want to monitor, using MRTG, some of the
sub-interfaces
on the GEIP. The interfaces are created with the following commands:

interface GigabitEthernet5/0/0.252
 encapsulation dot1Q 252
 ip address 192.168.252.1 255.255.255.0
 no ip redirects

The problem is that with the cfgmaker script none of the sub-interfaces
show.

We only see an entry for the GigabitEthernet5/0/0 Interface, NO
subinterfaces.

Anybody have any idea. This router is loaded with 10Mbps Ethernet
Interfaces, one ATM,
one FDDI and the GEIP. Router is running Cisco IOS Version 12.1(4)E.

Hope this makes sense to some of you.

Thanks for all your help.

Edgardo (Ed) Perez
Southwest Research Institute, Information Technology Center,
6220 Culebra Rd., P.O. Drawer 28510, San Antonio, TX 78228-0510
voice: (210) 522-2880, fax: (210) 522-3424, e-mail: eperez at swri.edu