[mrtg] Re: Changing Graph size.

Perry, Duane PerryD at missouri.edu
Thu Feb 15 22:37:32 MET 2001

I was seeing the reverse of your problem.  Very small traffic flows were
autoscaled to look large and if you were scanning the graphs to see anything
strange you were constantly distracted by big chunks of color that turned
out to be small when you checked the scale.  I started setting MaxBytes to
the minimum scale I wanted to see (10Mb for example), setting the AbsMax to
the actual top speed of the link and using "Unscaled[_]: y".  I cannot see
any solution to displaying large blasts of traffic without shrinking the
small stuff.  You could set the AbsMax to something lower than the link
speed but anything above that would display as zero.  You would not see the
spike from your backup but you would also hide any denial of service attacks
or boxes spewing garbage and clogging the network.  By default mrtg graphs
are 100 x 400 but you can set the size up to 600 so maybe setting the
vertical to 600 (XSize[_]: 600) would give you what you want.

Duane Perry