[mrtg] Re: ? on includes (I think)

Daniel R . Kilbourne drk at voyager.net
Tue Feb 20 14:28:17 MET 2001

heh....fixed my own problem after Daniel McDonald mentioned the WorkDir settings...

it got me thinking, and I solved my issue

I was victim of a feature (I think).

The first 74 included cfg files all had the same workdir, but the last 2 I added had a different workdir..

so, it looks like mrtg must read all the configs first, take the last workdir specified, and use that for everything
since the rrd's were bing updated, just in the wrong directory

bad thinking on my part....

Daniel R . Kilbourne extolled:

> I have an include file that has about 76 includes that I run. Everything worked great on it until this past sunday when I added a few more includes to it. Now, my graphs are no longer updating. Now, the odd thing is that I have no typos, and the config file runs just fine, with no errors, but the *.rrd files do not get updated.
>
> (hmmm....reading back over this, it sounds vague....let me try again).
>
> The inlude I have looks thusly...
>
> forks: 10
>
> include: /mrtg/configs/test/configs/core0.isp.net.cfg
> #include: /mrtg/configs/test/configs/core1.ips.net.cfg
> include: /mrtg/configs/test/configs/core1.isp.net.cfg
> include: /mrtg/configs/test/configs/core1.isp.net.cfg
> include: /mrtg/configs/test/configs/core1.isp.net.cfg
> include: /mrtg/configs/test/configs/core1.isp.net.cfg
> include: /mrtg/configs/test/configs/core1.isp.net.cfg
> include: /mrtg/configs/test/configs/core1.isp.net.cfg
> include: /mrtg/configs/test/configs/core1.isp.net.cfg
>

> for a total of 83 lines (6 commented out cfg files)
>
> now, if I run '/mrtg/bin/mrtg /path/to/include.cfg' I get no errors, but no updates. When I look at the rrd files they are timestamped with Sunday night.
>
> The odd thing here is that if I run one of the included cfg files by itself, it updates.....
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>

> by the way, I am running mrtg 2.9.4 with RRDtool 1.0.28
>

> --

Daniel R. Kilbourne
daniel.kilbourne at voyager.net
Network Engineering