[mrtg] Re: broadcast traffic

Mark Rowlands mark.rowlands at minmail.net
Tue Feb 20 22:08:33 MET 2001

On Tuesday 20 February 2001 20:56, Payman N wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering how could I monitor the broadcast tarffic on network
> switches and wheather I can show them on the same graph on MRTG (more than
> two ?)
>
> Thanks,
> Payman

Do you mean the broadcast traffic on a given subnet? If so you just need some
method of capturing that data...is your switch intelligent enough to give you
those stats via snmp?, perhaps on a mirrored port. If not you need some kind
of agent on the subnet to report that info to you. ntop I believe can provide
that sort of info. RRDtool will be required to graph > 2 inputs.