[mrtg] Re: Does anyone know what this is trying to tell me?

Ian Stong IStong at zuniversity.com
Wed Feb 21 16:43:13 MET 2001

I had the same problem.  For me the problem was I had installed libpng 1.0.6
a long time ago then installed the latest v 1.0.8.   When I installed 1.0.6
I installed it as a shared library - i.e. I did a make install which copied
the files over to the /usr/local/lib directory.  When I upgraded to mrtg
2.9.8 recently I followed the install doc verbatim.  The install does not
specify installing as shared libraries (I didn't do a make install).

One of two things fixed it for me (I did both prior to trying again so not
sure which did it for me).  I deleted the old library files in
/usr/local/lib and I installed the various packages using make install to
install as shared libraries.   Give one or both of those a try.

Ian