[mrtg] modifying mrtg.cfg file

Tom Roehr troehr at frenchgerleman.com
Thu Feb 22 22:52:33 MET 2001

Hi,

I have two questions regarding the creation and modification of a cfg file.
First, I want to use the reverse '-' sign on all my interfaces.  How can I
tell cfgmaker to do this so I don't have to edit the created cfg file and
manually put the - in for each interface.

My next question is about modifying or upgrading my existing mrtg.cfg file.
Due to our network being reengineered, many of the interfaces on my router
will be modified over the next several weeks.  Should I first, make a back
up and then just write over my existing cfg file using cfgmaker?  Is there a
better way?

All suggestions are appreciated.

thanks,

Tom