[mrtg] Re: snmp v2 question

Mike Bernhardt mbernhardt at arsin.com
Mon Feb 26 06:05:21 MET 2001

I hate to repost, but this is really stumping me. Anyone have any ideas
here? SHOULD it work?

I set up my mrtg.cfg file to poll a cisco router running 12.1 code to
poll
your basic octets in/out on a Serial interface and a Fast Ethernet.  I
used
:::::2 to use snmp v2 to do it. I got nothing but zeroes back. As soon
as I
removed the v2 from my cfg file, I started getting numbers back, so snmp
is
working fine.

The only command in the router config that should affect anything is
snmp-server community public ro. There are no access lists or other
things
there. Cisco's docs seem to say that v2 is automatically supported if
you do
the above.

Does anyone know what the problem is? Does the router need to be
configured
to support v2 in some secret way or is there a problem using the default
OID
with v2?

Thanks in advance,

Mike Bernhardt