[mrtg] Changing OID & MIB in the Target Line

mrtg mrtg at melcara.com
Mon Feb 26 13:49:45 MET 2001

Greeting all,

I have been working with MRTG for about month now and really like all the tihings you can do with it.  However I am stuck on one subject.  I wouldmlike to monitor something else besides the traffic going through a Router or SNMP device.  I can do this by chcanging the target line in the Name.cfg file by hand.  I would like to know how I could automate this process.  I am not to savy with perl code, although I can read the flow of the code.  I have look for the spot in the MTRG script and the cfgmaker script where it tells the name.cfg file what MIB to query and I am not able to find it.  Please help out if you can.  Also does anyone already have script to monitor a PVC and DLCI.

--
Cody
MSCE/CNA/A+
cody at melcara.com