[mrtg] Need help with current status values

Icar icar at icar-irc.net
Tue Feb 27 00:39:58 MET 2001

I'm really troubled with emails send/received monitoring.
I did à perl script wich put the number of send/received emails in a file. I
have tried this two ways :

1 - Values are incremented each time MRTG do an update (5 mins). The amount
is the number of emails send/received last 5 mins
2 - Values are number of emails send/received last 5 mins. So they are reset
each time.

I tried a lot of options in mrtg.cfg but i never get the correct value
returned by script.

So i can send values reset all 5 mins or values always incremented but can
anyone help me with mrtg.cfg file please ?

I tried :

Target[mailmsgs]: `mail`
MaxBytes[mailmsgs]: 100
Options[mailmsgs]: integer,noinfo,nopercent,growright,withzeroes
Title[mailmsgs]: E-mails traités
WithPeak[mailmsgs]: wymd
PageTop[mailmsgs]: <h1>E-mails traités</h1>
YLegend[mailmsgs]: messages
ShortLegend[mailmsgs]: messages
LegendI[mailmsgs]: &nbsp;Mails reçus:
LegendO[mailmsgs]: &nbsp;Mails envoyés:

And :

Options[mailmsgs]: gauge,integer,noinfo,nopercent,growright,withzeroes

and without "withzeroes" and a lot of combinations !