[mrtg] SNMP OID Problems on Nortel ARN

Tony Hughes thughes at scu.edu.au
Tue Feb 27 05:53:13 MET 2001

Guys

I use MRTG to monitor stats on 6 Nortel ARNs - all running version 14.00
images.
However, the IfInOctets and IfOutOctets for the serial interfaces on some
of the routers don't show the stats correctly.  If you telnet to each
router and do a "show fr stats" all is well and the counters increment as
they should.  Yet with getif you either see 0 constantly or a very small
increase every few seconds.  The serial links are all frame relay, and
varying in size between 32k and 1M.  I've also polled the MIB2 counters and
get the same results.

Just wondering if anyone else has come across anything like this?

Regards
Tony Hughes