[mrtg] Re: Need help with error

Dave Jones DJones at TheFund.com
Tue Feb 27 20:13:27 MET 2001

I would run the command perl cfgmaker public at myipaddress > test.cfg
and see what you get and compare it to your current config.

Dave

- -----Original Message-----
From: Alan Rader [mailto:arader at finishline.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 1:47 PM
To: 'MRTG'
Subject: [mrtg] Need help with error

When I build an NT system, I take an image of the drive so I don't
have to
reinstall if something messes up.  So, I had to do this.  now I have
one cfg
file that mrtg uses to monitor this system and it grabs the traffic,
memory,
http, and ftp info from it.  All still work except the nic traffic.
It is
the same nic and it is in the same PCI slot.  Here is the error I
get:

Warning: There is something wrong with Target
'16777219:communityname at myip'

* Its ifDescr used to be 'Intel(R) PRO PCI Adapter

I see no ifDescr setting in my config file anywhere.  The nic is the
same,
so I don't see why the description would have changed.  Anyone know
what to
do to fix this?

Thanks

Alan Rader