[mrtg] Re: cfgmaker for one ip?

SHOLAAS Margaret G Margaret.G.SHOLAAS at ris.lane.or.us
Tue Feb 27 23:46:29 MET 2001

This is what I do when I'm in your situation:

1. Run cfgmaker for that router and redirect output to temporary file
(say router is called mycisco and I want to look at interfaces by
their descriptions):
   cd d:\mrtg\bin
   perl cfgmaker public at mycisco --ifref=descr
      --global "Options[_]: growright,bits"
      --global "WorkDir: d:\inetpub\wwwroot\mrtg" > temp.cfg

2. Edit temp.cfg and remove references to interfaces I don't want to poll

3. Copy what's left in temp.cfg

4. Paste into mrtg.cfg

Voila! (French for: "Ain't MRTG terrific!")

Margaret

Margaret Sholaas, Senior System Network Analyst
Regional Information System (a department of Lane County)
125 E. 8th Ave.
Eugene, OR  97401

VOICE (541) 682-4565
FAX (541) 682-2345
EMAIL Margaret.G.SHOLAAS at RIS.Lane.OR.US