[mrtg] Bit count calculation problem

Epps, Alan Alan_Epps at tvratings.com
Wed Feb 28 16:58:18 MET 2001

Hello all,

I hope I am not repeating an earlier question, but I have a problem I can't
seem to solve. I have MRTG 2.9.7 running on a Solaris 2.7 host. When first
installed and configured it did a great job but since a human error (me
killing the power accidentally) the Max, Average, and Current bit counters
don't work. I have killed the daemon to no avail, and have rebuilt the
configs and restarted the daemon looking at the  new configs, but I still
get nothing but 0.0% for the bit count.

Have any of you encountered this behavior before, and if so, how did you fix
it?

Alan
Alan S. Epps                   alan_epps at tvratings.com
Senior Network Engineer        727-738-3313
Nielsen Media Research