[mrtg] is "B/s" mandatory?

Matt Richard M_Richard at ACAD.FANDM.EDU
Wed Feb 28 17:18:05 MET 2001

Hi,

I want to create an entry that doesn't display b/s or B/s after the
value.  I couldn't find any way to do this, even after looking at the
documentation.

Some of my entries are a count of modems or users or VPN tunnels, so
the data units aren't quite appropriate.
Perhaps there could be an option for a custom unit string?  For
example, this one would check modems on a Cisco modem server:

Target[modems-in-use]:
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.47.1.1.6.0&1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.47.1.1.6.0:public at modemserver
MaxBytes[modems-in-use]: 48
Options[modems-in-use]: gauge,noinfo,integer
Title[modems-in-use]: Modems In Use
Units[modems-in-use]: modems

If you're interested, look at http://netlog.fandm.edu for my examples.

Thanks,

Matt

p.s. I'm new to the list.  Sorry if this was covered before!
--
Matt Richard
Access and Security Coordinator
e-mail: m_richard at fandm.edu