[mrtg] 14all-1.1.cgi

Martinez, Samson SMartinez at LocaleSystems.com
Fri Jan 5 14:55:40 MET 2001

Hello,

How does 14all-1.1.cgi know where to grab the .rrd files from? I installed
MRTG 2.9.7 in a RedHat 7.0 box utilizing RRD and 14all-1.1.cgi and it runs
like a champ. I'm graphing multiple location successfully, no problem.
However, our production box is actually a Cobalt RAQ4 server and MRTG is
running great, creating the rrds, etc. but the graphs are not being created.
I know what the problem is, I just can't figure out how to fix it.

The RAQ4 serves multiple web-sites, independent of each other. In this case,
the MRTG config files and rrd files are located on:

/home/sites/home/users/mrtg/web/sites/

and the cgi scripts are in:

/home/sites/home/users/mrtg/web/cgi-bin/

but the cgi scripts are looking for the rrd files in:

/home/sites/home/web/

Is there a way to force the cgi scripts to look for the rrd files in the
directory of my choice? I've set the $cfgfile and the $cfgfiledir to the
specific directories but no luck. I only have the problem on this server,
the RedHat server works great.

Please assist.

Regards,

Samson