[mrtg] Re: Windows 98 and SNMP

Jim Hunt jhunt at hse.k12.in.us
Fri Jan 5 20:51:28 MET 2001

If you want to monitor the Windows 98 Station, then you need to add the SNMP
Agent from the Network Icon in the Control Panel.  If you want to use
Windows 98 to run MRTG, you can install it exactly like the documentation
shows for Windows NT/2000.  The only thing you will need to do is add the
path to Perl (e:\perl\bin\) in your autoexec.bat file or manually type the
full path every time.  I use it all the time on Windows 98 Second Edition on
my laptop as I play/create different config files.  Once I get a config file
I like (& that works), I just move the config file to my dedicated NT Box
and run it.

Jim Hunt
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
Windows NT Analyst and Administrator
Hamilton Southeastern Schools Technology Department