[mrtg] ANNOUNCE: mrtg-ping-probe Release_2_0_1

Peter W. Osel pwo at mc.HL.Siemens.DE
Sun Jan 7 19:34:28 MET 2001

Release 2.0.1 of mrtg-ping-probe is now available at the usual place:
 	ftp://ftp.pwo.de/pub/pwo/mrtg/mrtg-ping-probe/

mrtg-ping-probe is a ping probe for MRTG.  It is used to monitor the
round trip time and packet loss to networked devices.  MRTG uses its
output to generate graphs visualizing minimum and maximum round trip
times or packet loss.

Major changes compared to the last release (Release_2_0_0 2001-01-06):

	* bugfix: almost all platforms but Solaris were broken, fixed
	regular expressions to find round trip time and packet loss.

	* bugfix: test for existence of perl builtin alarm().  Perl on
	Windows usually does not have it, and thus we cannot timeout the
	perl command.

Find more information about my mrtg contributions at
	http://pwo.de/projects/mrtg/

Share and enjoy
	--pwo

--
Peter W. Osel                   Sr. Network & Systems Manager
Infineon Technologies           Email: pwo at Infineon.COM

pgp key fingerprint = 79 2D DD 49 C0 AA D8 CF  2C F9 A5 6A BA 37 0E 28