[mrtg] Monitoring Squid

Sandra.Krumme at Bertelsmann.de Sandra.Krumme at Bertelsmann.de
Tue Jan 9 09:17:58 MET 2001

Hello everybody,

maybe you can help me with a problem occuring by monitoring squid with MRTG.
I am using MRTG 2.8.12 and Squid 2.3 Stable 4.
Although SNMP is enabled with squid (answering on port 3401) which I have
checked using snmpwalk, i am not able to query
specific OID´s with snmpget.
I always get an "no such name error" and "error in packet" message.
In MRTG I used the LoadMibs parameter to load squid-mib-06.txt and this is
working fine.
My only problem is getting answers from the machine on which squid is
running. The machine is running Digital Unix OSF1.

Kind regards,

Sandra Krumme