[mrtg] Stop logging if clock is wrong

Leif Neland leifn at neland.dk
Wed Jan 10 01:05:05 MET 2001

After a power failure, the clock was 8 hours ahead. (The hardware clock had
obviously drifted a lot from the ntp-controlled system clock. Perhaps I
should do a hwclock --systohc in cron.)

After adjusting the clock, mrtg and rrd would not log before those 8 hours
had passed.

Just imagine the hassle, if the clock had been months wrong.

It would be nice if a wrapper could be written, so mrtg and rrd would not be
run, if the time was more than say an hour wrong.

If the clock really had stepped, create a flag-file; if this file exists, it
is OK to do the time-warp.

Is that usefull? I'd hate messing all my rdd's up, if the clock was
misadjusted somewhere.

Leif