[mrtg] cfgmaker/mrtg 2.9.7 & 3com CB9000

gerd at bu.edu gerd at bu.edu
Wed Jan 10 23:22:17 MET 2001

Hello,

	First .. many thanks to the list for all its help in the past... :)

	The problem I am running into is that cfgmaker does its job of
building a cfg file for one of my boxes (by cfgmaker
community at slot_2.1@router) that mrtg seems to have a problem with.  Cfgmaker
is able to correctly connect to the correct slot on the box and pull the
information.  The problem arises when mrtg goes to poll the device.  It
seems to think that slot_2.1 is an IP address (ignoring the @router part)
and complains:
Error:
  can't resolve "slot_2.1" to IP address
SNMPGET Problem for oit at slot_2.1

I'm wondering what/where to modify mrtg or one of the perl modules to get
this working.  Thanks..

-Brain