[mrtg] Re: Problem with Options

Martinez, Samson SMartinez at LocaleSystems.com
Thu Jan 11 21:57:46 MET 2001

If I use the perminute option, will that give me the number of packets
dropped per minute? The better question to ask is: How can I configure my
config file to represent what I see as input and output errors when I do a
show interface on the router? Sincerest thanks for all assistance.

Regards,

Samson

-----Original Message-----
From: Roth, Gabrielle [mailto:gabrielle.roth at xo.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2001 11:59 AM
To: 'Jason Schroeder'; MRTG User Group
Subject: [mrtg] Re: Problem with Options

You don't want to use the gauge option with a counter-type variable
(ifInErrors and ifOutErrors are counters.)

What is probably happening is that you are not getting enough data for mrtg
to pick up.  Assuming you're running mrtg at the default 5-minute interval,
you need to have at least 300 errors.  (300 errors / 300 seconds)  Any less
than that will be seen as 0.

Look at the 'perminute' and 'perhour' options.
http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/reference.html#item_perminute
http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/reference.html#item_perhour

Don't forget to change your YLegend tag as well.

-gr