[mrtg] Total Percent of Input erorrs compared to Input Traffic from an Interface.

Panagiotis Skliros panag22 at dolnet.gr
Thu Jan 18 09:22:09 MET 2001

hi,
I am trying to graph the total (every 5 minutes) percent of input errors from an Interface compared to the input traffic.So far i've managed to get some values but compared to the show interface those are not right.I use MRTG in a linux box and 2 MIBs in order to get the input errors (ifInErrors) and the Input traffic (ifInUcastPkts).I also use  the "absolute" option.I havent done this before and i am not sure if those are the right values and the right way to do this.

This is what options i use in order to get those values.

Target[mytarget-s0-0]: ifInErrors.2&ifInErrors.2:"comunity"@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx * 100 / ifInUcastPkts.2&ifInUcastPkts.2:"comunity"@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Panagiotis Skliros

Network Operator at Lambrakis Press S.A.