[mrtg] Re: Using mod_perl

Patrick Bartkus patrckb at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 18 15:02:31 MET 2001

Rainer,

Just thought you would like to know the end of the story.

After much knashing of teeth and bits, our Unix admins FINALLY got mod_perl
in and running. They downloaded perl-5.6.0 and apache-1.3.12. I had to go
back and recompile rrdtool and mrtg with the new perl (so I downloaded the
latest versions of  those while I was at it).

Anyway, it is finally running and boy, is it noticably faster! I'd say it
takes about half the time it used to to paint screens.

The changes I had to make were to all my shee-bang lines to reference the
new perl (for people who had bookmarked the old pages) and to change all my
URL references from http://apache-server/cgi-bin/14all.cgi to
http://apache-server/perl/14all.cgi.

Patrick
---
Patrick Bartkus, CCNP Certified	Sr. Network Support Analyst
Fleet Mortgage Group		    Columbia, SC
If truth was not absolute, how could there be justice
---

?