[mrtg] generating max spikes in an MRTG chart?

fmook at bettendorf.lib.ia.us fmook at bettendorf.lib.ia.us
Fri Jan 19 20:05:20 MET 2001

I'm fairly new to working with MRTG and RRDtool and I'm wondering if there's
a good way to show extreme usage.  For instance, I've got a 56k line that
periodically might spike up to 100% usage for 15 seconds, and then be at 5%
usage the rest of the time, which gets displayed on the graph as very low
usage on average.  Is there a way to display the 100% spike on the chart?
Currently I'm running a crond job to run MRTG/RRDtool every minute, with
"Interval: 1" in the config files, and using routers.cgi to generate the
charts.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Forrest Mook
Bettendorf Public Library