[mrtg] tracing traffic on cisco 2500 ip sub interfaces on x25 interface ???

Jorge E. Rojas Gaspar jorgee at mail.bpa.cu
Thu Jan 25 18:37:22 MET 2001

this may be a inusual post but after many hours i din't find any solution

we have one cisco 2500's for connect our terminal offices with us and another to connect the others middle level offices and the head office and we are seeking how much are or not saturated each link but we have a serious  trouble

the cisco config is something like this  (the x25 line numbers are fake)

Interface Serial0
no ip address
no ip mroute-cache
encapsulation x25
no keepalive
x25 htc 31
x25 ips 256
x25 ops 256
!
interface Serial0.1 point-to-point
description 2501-point1
ip address 172.21.5.18 255.255.255.252
x25 map ip 192.21.5.17 ######1 compress
!
interface Serial0.2 multipoint
description 2501-point2
ip address 172.21.103.100 255.255.255.0
x25 map ip 172.21.103.17 ######2 broadcast
!
..
..
!
interface Serial0.11 multipoint
description 2501-point11
ip address 172.21.30.1 255.255.255.0
x25 map ip 172.21.30.2 #######3 broadcast
the mrtg.cfg file was obtained via cfgmaker  and it defines ok all interfaces and subinterfaces.

the subinterface serial0.1 is our link with the head office, it have a very high traffic and the others (serial0.2 to serial0.11) are with other middle offices with little or medium average load but all traces from mrtg to subinterfaces look the same as serial0 and i can not evaluate when a particular link is saturated

please i need some hint,  thanks in advance

jorge