[mrtg] Re: mrtg performance (again)..

David Sawyer david.sawyer at uk.mckhboc.com
Mon Jul 2 16:51:01 MEST 2001

Wow, I didn't know MRTG could run on a ZX Spectrum, have you upgraded the
memory from 8k to 16k ???

Joking aside...

Upgrade your system (mem, CPU, or better still the whole thing).
Use RRDTool (but if you have a crap box, it may take ages to produce the
graphs)
If your running MRTG on a Windows box use my daemon and split your script
into two or three separate scripts.

Also check your response times for your network, what ping times do you get
from the MRTG box to the targets?

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended
only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient you
must not copy, distribute, or take any action or reliance on it.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender.
Any unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in this e-mail
is strictly prohibited.