[mrtg] OT: Traffic light analogon for daemon status?

Johannes Niess j.niess at uni-bonn.de
Mon Jul 9 18:50:10 MEST 2001

Hi,

I'm looking for a program that uses a simple web site to display the
status of some (about 10) daemons (e. g. http, pop3, smtp, ftp, news,
ssh). Using a traffic light analogon would be cool (Green: OK; Yellow:
delayed answer; Red: down). I'm not interested in history data, so
this is no job for mrtg. I don't own the servers I want to check, so
Big Brother is no option. Freshmeat has nothing usefull. Any idea or
self-written programm?

Johannes Nieß