[mrtg] Re: MRTG INTERVAL

Grendel grendel at interq.ad.jp
Tue Jul 10 10:06:21 MEST 2001

Hello,
	I edited the file MRTG_lib.pm and commented out the lines that checked
for the five minute interval. True, the graph cannot show detail any
more finely than five minute intervals. However the 32-bit counters of
SNMPv1 cannot handle pipes fatter that 114 Mbps at 5 minute intervals.
We have a couple of Ciscos with a few PortChannels (groups of ports
bound together) that can run as high as 200 Mbps. After the one time
they went over 114 Mbps and scared the daylights out of MRTG, I moved
the ports faster that 114 Mbps (including a couple of ATM ports) to a
separate config file and started running that separate config at 2
minute intervals with MRTG_lib.pm edited to allow it. This sort of
activity is in the "Do Not Try This At Home Kids" category, however.

Best regards,
James