[mrtg] Re: script question

Jerl jerl.simpson at joplin.com
Fri Jul 13 15:53:34 MEST 2001

I did find some more useful information just after sending the post.
Sorry about that.
I have modified my cfg file in the way that follows this message.  I
added absolute,gauge,integer and nopercent to the options.

I also modified my script to output 4 lines:
Line 1  number of modems in use.
Line 2  number of modems NOT in use.
Line 3  uptime of the device.
Line 4  Desciprtion of the device.

If I run the script from the command line it outputs the following:
255
274
89
USR Rack

all on separate lines.

thanks for the help

#---------------------------------------------------------------

Target[mdm-use]: '/root/mrtgconfigs/usage.pl'
Title[mdm-use]: Modems in Use
Options[mdm-use]: nopercent, integer,absolute,gauge
MaxBytes[mdm-use]: 529
PageTop[mdm-use]: <H1>Joplin Modem Usage</H1>
Ylegend[mdm-use]: Active Modems
ShortLegend[mdm-use]: Modems
Legend1[mdm-use]: Current Active Modems
Legend3[mdm-use]: 5 minute Average Active Modems
LegendI[mdm-use]:  Modems