[mrtg] Why no VLAN's?

Christopher Poetzel cpoetzel at achilles.ctd.anl.gov
Fri Jul 13 23:23:25 MEST 2001

Hello all,
i recently upgraded from ver. 2.9.2 to 2.9.16 and
noticed that the graphing of Vlans is not allowed.
it is blocked by the following phrase in cfgmaker

elsif ($$router_dev{Vendor} eq 'cisco'
     and $$i{Descr} =~ /^V(LAN|lan)\d+$/) {
     push @prob, "it is a cisco VLAN interface";
     $default_iftype = 0;
}

if i do an snmpwalk on my 6509 msfcII's with

       ifInOctets

        Descriptor:            ifInOctets
        Identifier:            1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10
        ASN.1 Syntax:          Counter32

       The total number of octets received on the interface,
       including framing characters.

i get values that are incrementing.  I believe this will
monitor the traffic.  Or am i way off.  Any thoughts
appreciated.

thanks

chris poetzel
cpoetzel at anl.gov