[mrtg] Re: Newbie Help on Monitoring WAN Statistics

Timothy Finkenstadt timothy at aloha.webkahuna.com
Mon Jul 16 15:58:02 MEST 2001

> Hello,
> I am a newbie to MRTG and network administration.  I have MRTG up and
> running great.  Now, I would like to graph the WAN link on a Cisco 2600.  I
> know that it can be done I just do not know where to begin.  Do I need
> OID's/MIB's?  Not really sure about those either. Thank you in advance for
> the help.
>
> David Sulkin

Hi, David,

These two sentences seem to be a contradiction.  And, as always, RTFM always
helps.

cfgmaker community at router > myrouter.cfg

is the most basic way to do this.  Read through the manual and it gets to
be a little more involved.  Then put your mrtg in daemon mode, cron, etc.

best regards,

tim

--
Some people claim that the UNIX learning curve is steep,
but at least you only have to climb it once.