[mrtg] Re: Re[2]: AS5800

Roth, Gabrielle gabrielle.roth at xo.com
Tue Jul 17 18:58:48 MEST 2001

Have you tried snmpgetting these oids from the command line?  I'll bet you
get a 'noSuchName' error.

.0 isn't the instance identifier for cmIncomingConnectionFailures or
cmIncomingConnectionCompletions.  If you go one step back up the MIB tree
and look at cmLineStatisticsEntry, it is defined as "An entry in the table,
containing status information about _a single modem_."  (emphasis mine)  In
other words, you can't get the total failed or successful connections for
the box, at least not with this oid.

You can do one of two things:

- find another oid (good luck...)
- collect this data for each modem individually (PITA)
- write an external script to walk this part of the mib (I'd recommend
bulkwalk if your system has it) and add them all up, then pass them to mrtg.

HTH

-gabrielle