[mrtg] Re: IIS;FrontPage and MRTG

Joseph King joking at wincup.com
Tue Jul 17 19:39:28 MEST 2001

We have our MRTG server updating pages in a FrontPage web on a W2K server
running IIS 5.0. We have encountered no issues.

IIS doesn't really care when the updates are made locally - it's the actual
NTFS file permissions that matter. FrontPage can change the NTFS
permissions, so you might want to start there by making certain the user
that is executing MRTG has permissions to write to the directories in
question.

In Your Service,

Joseph King, MCSE

Network Manager