[mrtg] Query on OID for BRI Interfaces in Cisco Router

Vijaya Sankar.K netsup_vijaya at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 18 11:57:34 MEST 2001

Hi,

 Can anyone tell me the way to monitor Bri interfaces!!
 I have a problem with identifying the OId instance for the bri interfaces in cisco router.
 Please refer to the output of the snmpwalk on ifDescr on a cisco router with BRI interface.

 snmpwalk 192.168.20.1 public  ifDescr

 interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.1 = FastEthernet0/0
 interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.2 = Serial0/0
 interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.3 = BRI0/0
 interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.4 = BRI0/0:1
 interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.5 = BRI0/0:2
 interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.6 = FastEthernet0/1
 interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.7 = Serial0/1
 interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.8 = Null0
 interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.11 = Loopback0
 interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.12 = BRI0/0
 interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.13 = BRI0/0
 interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.14 = BRI0/0:1
 interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.15 = BRI0/0:2

 As you can see, there are many instances appearing with Bri0/0,
 Now my problem is identifying the correct instance out of this to monitor the traffic.
 Can anyone help me on this to find out the correct instance number for the bri interfaces.

 Thanks & Regards
 Vijay