[mrtg] MRTG - Graphing

Jimmy Stewpot mrtg at oranged.to
Mon Jul 23 00:50:09 MEST 2001

Hello All,
I am having an issue with my MRTG graphs.
For some reason we keep on getting huge spikes in our traffic. This maybe a
DoS attack or similar but that is not the issue.
What I am trying to do is make it so that MRTG does not record these huge
variables so that the graphs are still viewable.
Currently our average is around 4mbps peaking up during busy times to
around  8 to 10mbps and we get spikes upto 19mbps.
I am interested to know how i can make it so that the 19mbps is not shown
on the graph, or if it is then its cut down so that we can still see the
normal flow of traffic without any huge problems.
thankyou in advance
jimmy