[mrtg] Re: New to the list

bwoodcoc bwoodcoc at genuity.com
Tue Jul 24 16:42:14 MEST 2001

We have this capability but it took some serious scripting. Sorry for not
sharing but it is quite personalized for our company.

A background script is executed each 5 minutes and it parses all the html
files, pulls out the text values (larger of IN or OUT) and writes it to a
csv file (12 data columns). Actually it writes it out into 4 csv files
based on link type of function of metric (rtr_wan, rtr_lan, isl's, and
wan_response). This may be easier now with rrd but I'm not sure, we are
running old 2.7.5 code.

A topN cgi front end was then built allowing you to sort on any of the
columns in the csv file which represent (5 min current, etc..). It displays
in table format the sorted results, the 5 minute image, and a hot link to
the full html history page for each.

That's one idea... There may also be some stuff in the contrib directory
these days but I haven't looked into the newer kits.

cheers,
brad...