[mrtg] MRTG, RRDTool, 14all.cgi and multiple targets per graph

Kerry Kincaid. kincaid at meer.net
Fri Jul 27 14:22:29 MEST 2001

Perhaps a silly question but I've been searching all morning with no
satisfactory results.  I realize that with MRTG using rateup, on two data
sources could be charted at a time, generally referred to as in and out.  I
also know that rrdtool can store multiple targets or data sources and I've
even seen it graph all these targets into a single image.

My question is can this be done with MRTG using an RRDTool backend and the
14all front-end?  I have a config that ran under MRTG without RRDTool and it
created three different graphs for temperature.  I'd like to combine the
input from all three temperature probes into one graph showing Inside,
Outside, FRAD Chassis Temperature and show these three is Celsius and
Farenheight.

If you've done this a quick sample of your config might also be helpful.

Kerry