[mrtg] Not exact values on HTML page

Mike Koch Mike.Koch at etsi.fr
Fri Jul 27 15:34:02 MEST 2001

Hi everybody,

I'm monitoring some variable with an external script as a target. The script
returns correct values. Values in the log file are the correct ones.
However, on the web page, the current value written under the graphs is
slightly different : example :

In the LOG file :
996239888 0 9229
996239888 0 9229 0 9229
996239587 0 9169 0 9169
996239400 0 9105 0 9169
996239100 0 9239 0 9343
996238800 0 9326 0 9343
996238500 0 9316 0 9317
996238200 0 9300 0 9316

On the WEB page :
Current Value: 9191

So my question is where the hell did he find this value and, how putting the
right ones (that is here 9229) on the web page ? It is like an average, but
not exactly...

By the way, here is my config file :

WorkDir: c:\www\tempdb

Title[tempdb_obj]: Number of objects in tempdb on BASEMASTER
Pagetop[tempdb_obj]: <H1>Number of objects in tempdb on BASEMASTER</H1>
  <TABLE>
    <TR><TD>Maximum number of objects :</TD>  <TD>24000</TD></TR>
  </TABLE>
MaxBytes[tempdb_obj]: 24000
Options[tempdb_obj]: gauge, growright
Target[tempdb_obj]: `c:\perl\bin\perl.exe c:\mrtg-2.9.17\bin\tempdb_obj.pl`
YLegend[tempdb_obj]: Objects
ShortLegend[tempdb_obj]: Objects
LegendO[tempdb_obj]: Objects :
LegendI[tempdb_obj]: