[mrtg] Re: FW: Virtual IP

Jeromme_Lawler at xtoenergy.com Jeromme_Lawler at xtoenergy.com
Fri Jul 27 17:42:18 MEST 2001

IMHO - You need to be able to determine the IP to be able to monitor the device.

Can you use DNS to resolve the name to the proper IP address?  If not,  you
could create a seperate config for each IP address that the device could
possibly have, but I doubt this would be very useful.

Dear,

thanks for reply

listen i will explain by this Example

Say that you have a leased line and you know the router ip address  like
213.131.66.12   that i can monitor
but if i get from this IP 213.131.66.12 a NAT and so i will have some PCs
with    (virtual IP address)  like  10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.6  ETC... so can i
monitor that i don't know how if it is possible.

and also if i have a  pipe line and this pipe have NATing also how can i
monitor that Pipe line cause i cannot do so

regards,

Mickey