[mrtg] Re: Include parameter

Patrick Bartkus patrckb at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 1 16:51:56 MEST 2001

Julien,

Try it, you'll like it. <G>

One "gotcha" to watch out for...

In config files global parameters means GLOBAL. That means that you can't
have a "Workdir:" statement in one Include file and then "change" it in
another. The way the parser works, the last one "wins."

The way I handle it is I create one file with all my global parameters and
Include: it first. Then I REMOVE all globals from the devices configs.

There are two benefits to this approach. One, I don't accidently shoot
myself in the foot. Two, I can have one CFG file for MRTG cron job and then
a different CFG for accessed by 14all for displaying. So I can have
different groupings of devices for display purposes than querying purposes.

Enjoy!
Patrick
---
Patrick Bartkus, SCE, CCNP Certified	Sr. Network Support Analyst
Washington Mutual Home Loans, Inc (Formerly Fleet Mortgage)Columbia, SC
If truth was not absolute, how could there be justice?