[mrtg] Re: converting to RRDtool on NT, beautiful *empty* graphs

George Nease George.Nease at dig.com
Fri Jun 1 20:05:24 MEST 2001

Hi Nigel, thanks for the note.

I'm trying to keep my old production 2.9.0 MRTG using rateup.exe, running
from d:\apps\mrtg\run, going on the same server which is hosting my beta
2.9.12a with RRDtool, running from d:\apps\mrtg2.

For the beta RRDtool installation, I'm using .cfg files which are a subset
of the old mrtg.cfg (for instance, a couple of 7500's or a couple of
12000's). When I run the .cgi against these, I get .rrd's for them, but for
some reason either they're not incrementing or they're getting only zero.

So, maybe NT is not capable of keeping the two straight (maybe you can't run
the old MRTG2.9.0/rateup on the same machine with the new 2.9.12a/RRDtool?
Do they interfere somehow?

Also, has anybody else noticed this error message when you run "perl
14all.cgi" :
(offline mode: enter name=value pairs on standard input)
?
Thanks for your patience; I'm halfway through Tobi's RRDtool tutorial...