[mrtg] OT:LARRD issues with Sol 8 and FreeBSD

Curtis Bond Curtis at wagerworks.com
Wed Jun 6 02:18:39 MEST 2001

Greetings,

I'm trying to get all parts of LARRD to work on the following:
BigBro 1.8x
BBDISPLAY is a FreeBSD 4.3
BBCLIENT is a Sol 8 SPARC
larrd-0.42
rrdtool-1.0.33

As traffic is low on the larrd list I thought I'd try here.

Three stats are not working. They are; iostat, vmstat, netstat. I'm
getting data from the client as the status dots on the BBDISPLAY have
info if you click them. Also the RRD files have data in them as I'm able
to create graphs from them by issuing rrdtool commands by hand. I'm
suspecting the cgi script is not running correctly on the FreeBSD but
I'm not too familiar with trouble shooting perl scripts. As the other
"standard" graphs work (disk, cpu, even memory) I know the setup is fine
(Perl in the right place, rrdtool in the right place, etc).

Any suggestion on where to start would be great. If someone has been
through this already please share your pain! :)

Thanks,

Curtis Bond

Sr. Systems Administrator
Network Operations