[mrtg] Re: Two Questions (scale and archives)

Shane Hickey shane at howsyournetwork.com
Sun Jun 10 23:34:59 MEST 2001

First off, thanks to everyone for the info on these questions.  I've decided
to use the Unscaled but set the MaxBytes to something more reasonable
(because when I graphed ethernet traffic, you couldn't really see a lot of
the graphs)  Then I used AbsMax so that if my "reasonable" max was exceeded I
couldn't lose graph data.  Thanks to Paul Williamson for this idea.

As far as the archives idea.  I ended up setting up MRTG to generate rrd
logfiles.  Then I'm using 14all.cgi for my basic viewing and a modified
version to look at the archives.

Thanks much,

Shane

On Sunday 10 June 2001 06:55, you spoke thusly:

--
Shane Hickey
Network/System Consultant