[mrtg] Squid problem

CAGRI YUCEL cyucel at KU.EDU.TR
Thu Jun 21 19:40:15 MEST 2001

** Reply Requested When Convenient **

Hi All,

I have red the FAQs, search the web, yes, configure squid with --enable-snmp but it does not work...

Here is the case:
Squid snmp works well, an snmpwalk to port 3401 get  answers. However I find no way for mrtg or snmpwalk to understand cache HttpHits :( I'm using loadmibs in mrtg ofcourse pointing mib.txt of squid.

Then I decided to use OID numbers and find out
1.3.6.1.4.1.3495.1.3.2.1.1&1.3.6.1.4.1.3495.1.3.2.1.2
as I could extract from mib.txt but something wrong
with those as the hit rate simpy cross request rate ;)
from time to time...

Can anyone provide correct OID numbers for Hits and Requests (and kbyte queries if possible ?)

Or any other comments so I can make cacheHttpHits work ?

Thanks in advance...

Cagri