[mrtg] Re: min time

Nicolas Sayer Nick at loplop.net
Mon Jun 25 15:38:25 MEST 2001

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 02:39:05PM +0200, Herman Cremer said:
> According to the manuals, minimum is 5min,
> does anyone know any workarounds for this ?

The five minute update is hardcoded in a few places.

I manage to set things to one minute using MRTG and rrdtool, not rateup.

You need to modify values in the mrtg perl script and the MRTG_lib.pm
perl module.

I can send you a patch file if you wish.

Be aware: it's CPU intensive, and you should also bring down the SNMP
timeouts and retries or you will often have more than one MRTG running.

		cheers,

--
Nicolas Sayer <Nick at loplop.net>
       +33 6 63.44.02.27