[mrtg] Re: Unix command line e-mail with attachments

Matt Walkowiak mwalkowi at intxx.com
Wed Jun 27 22:49:14 MEST 2001

I do use htaccess to keep nose-ee users out - that part's easy cause I have
the whole site set up with ONE username / password, with the "home page"
viewable by the general public.  I dont want to re-engineer the security on
the web site to allow my customer to ONLY view HIS portion.  In my opinion,
my MRTG box is for ME to see what MY traffic patterns are like, not for
public viewing at all.  Actually, my REAL reason for running MRTG is to see
which box is being hacked and spitting out gobbs and gobbs of network
traffic :)
I did get a response back about the command mutt - lets you send an e-mail
with an attchment using command line.  It was already installed by default
:)
So now I gotta do something like,
mutt user at domain.com -s "subject" -a "attched files" < messagebodytext

and thanks again to the person that told me about mutt...