[mrtg] Re: How to Import Cricket logs to Mrtg?

Rainer Bawidamann rainer at bawidamann.de
Thu Jun 28 21:11:24 MEST 2001

> I need to merge 2 Servers, one running Cricket and the other with Mrtg.
> Is there a way to import the logs from Cricket, to be viewd on Mrtg
> (upgrading this one to rrdtool)???

mrtg needs the rrd files to have two datasources: ds0 and ds1. You can
rename the datasource names with "rrdtool tune". Than check the "step"
and the "heartbeat" setting of the rrd file. mrtg should run every step
seconds, especially the time between two runs shouldn't get bigger than
heartbeat.

I think this should be enough. But you might want to test it with copies
of your rrd files ;-)

Rainer