[mrtg] Re: Monitoring temperature on a RedHat 7.0 machine wit h an ASUS K7V motherboard

Jean-Eric Cuendet Jean-Eric.Cuendet at linkvest.com
Fri Jun 29 16:23:23 MEST 2001

Hi,
I haven't done it yet but it's an interesting monitor!
Here is how to do it:
- NET-SNMP has no "standard" OID for monitoring such a thing
- You must either define an OID in smnpd.conf or run a script based target
(not an OID based target) in your mrtg script. In either cases, you NEED to
have a script that report temperatures from the M/B.

To get monitoring infos from the motherboard, get the lm_sensors package at
http://www.netroedge.com/~lm78/

Then install it, and make it run on the command line.

Then, make a script (with awk, perl or shell) to get the infos that mrtg
needs to graph.

Bye
-jec